Friday, June 20, 2014

I'm Writing a Blog!

Hey Y'all,

I'm writing a blog. Did you hear me?! I'm writing a blog!!!

I am writing a blog about building a house, my house.

I was introduced to the world of blogging by a friend a few years back and I now have quite a lengthy Feedly read each night. I am not a reader. Well, I am a first grade teacher that teaches reading all day and am also almost done with my Masters in Literacy, but I'm not a big reader of literature for fun. Never have been. I thoroughly enjoy my silent moments of Feedly each night, however. (Don't know what Feedly is? Email me. It is life-changing if you are an avid blog reader.)

This same friend reminded me the other day... I sent monthly emails during my pregnancy and weekly/monthly emails during my daughter's first years of life. Why didn't I blog then? I don't think I knew blogging existed then or else I could have spent less time in the "TO" field in my frequent Baby Baker emails.

So, here I am... blogging. Blogging about building a house from the ground up. Well, maybe I should say from the "forest" up since there wasn't ground to be seen when we began this journey.

I am going to share our new learning with you. I am going to share our mistakes with you. I am going to share our process, timeline, and choices with you. I am ready to give you the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Cross your fingers. Say a prayer. We should be in our home in November. *SHOULD* is the key word here. I want to be in in October. I better be in by December.

I look forward to sharing this experience with you. I will give you some things we have already done/learned/did wrong in the next couple days. Cuz... we already started!!!!

Want a sneak peak at the house?


1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world! Looking forward to some great stories about the house, your hubby and beautiful MMB!

    ReplyDelete