Thursday, July 10, 2014

Form Boards and...

...WE CLOSED TODAY! And yes, we'll close again when the construction is complete.

We signed our names 85 times and now are committed to a mortgage on top of the rest of our life right now. Let me tell you, I have written more checks in the past six months than I have in my entire life. Scary. But, I know I'm blessed to be able to do it.

A very wise man told me today that my "technical" construction interpretations are laughable to the experts. Ha! I know I'm not the expert, duh! That's why I hired you, Dad! So just go along with my interpretations... it makes sense to the lay people like myself. Right? (I was just glad he was able to laugh at my writing, that means someone is actually reading this. SCORE!)

The form boards for the footings are in! The stakes that the posted the other day helped place these boards that are in today. Pictures are below. The concrete will now be poured up to these boards starting Monday (from what I've been told) and then I believe these boards will be removed once the concrete dries.




My genius husband noticed that the fireplace was not formed, so he talked to the builder and it will be fixed asap. Note to self, make sure you mention something noticeably wrong to the builder immediately! It was amazing for him to catch that today and not after the foundation was poured! Good catch, JB.

No comments:

Post a Comment