Monday, January 5, 2015

The Burnt Smell

I burnt the macaroni. 

The smell was horrid! The smell lasted that entire afternoon and into the night. I laid in bed that night with the smell haunting me.

I turned to Google and Pinterest to find ways to remedy a burn smell from your home. Here is what worked for me:

1. Lysol. I sprayed it across the house every couple hours until the smell was for sure gone.
2. Baking Soda. The microwave held the most stink. I mixed baking soda and water and microwaved it for three minutes at a time. After each cooking session I would thoroughly wipe out the microwave.
3. Vinegar. I boiled water and vinegar on the stove the entire day yesterday. Like allll day. 
4. Wiped everything down in my kitchen. 
5. Windows stayed open in the kitchen the entire day. 

I think it is safe to say the smell is 90+% gone. Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment