Sunday, July 27, 2014

Last Friday Night!

How exciting was your Friday night?! Here's what we did...




We laid hay around the foundation. I am told the purpose of this is to help the current dirt stay in place and not be washed away by rain. Whats funny is that we were about half way through laying hay and a STORM came. Lightning, sideways rain, flooding in some areas. We had to stop. 

I'm taking donations of boots, gloves, and work clothes. Here is what I looked like after laying hay in flipflops. The pictures don't do the nastiness any justice... my legs and arms look hairy! Itchy. Sweaty. Dirt under fingernails. Ewwww (in my best Jimmy Fallon voice)! 


So, we had to stop for weather. But don't worry, we were back at it at 7:30am on Saturday morning. We went so early to beat any potential Saturday workers. Which.... the framers came and chalklined their walls! They told Jesse we should have walls in three days. PRAY FOR NO BAD WEATHER! Let me say this... the chalk lines they drew make this house seem quite quaint. I better love said quaint home!

Framing tomorrow. OMG! I never thought this day would come.

No comments:

Post a Comment